Go Back   Sinkhole Forums > Sinkhole Org User Forums > Insurance Questions

Old 02-20-2008

Default Attorney fees

My insurance company wants to pay my policy limit. It has been almost two years since I filed my claim. Of my policy limit my attorney will want 33% plus some other fees. Shouldn't I be intitled to interest and attorney fees because my claim was denied and they dragged it out for two years. My attorney wants me to come in to sign the checks and then sue for his fees and interest later. How likey is it that I would get anymore than just the policy limits that I have to split with the attorney. From what I have understood, once they deny the claim the insurance company pays the attorney fees. If I wasn't put in a position of having to hire an attorney I would not have to split it with anyone and I would have been happy with the insurance company paying the policy limit.

Also there are two checks, one is the policy limit and the other is for just under $5,000 stated as being for reasonable attorney fees and taxable costs. If I sign this check wouldn't I be accepting this as being suitable to me and lose the posibility of regaining the fees I paid to the attorney.

Last edited by bugbug67 : 02-20-2008 at 03:24 PM. Reason: added more information
Old 02-21-2008
Administrator

Hard to say what is the right thing to do in this situation, give us a call so that we can look into it.

Michael Mosher
Champion Foundation Repair
Phone: 813-242-6454
Fax: 813-242-6614