Go Back   Sinkhole Forums > Sinkhole Org User Forums > Insurance Questions

Old 08-18-2006

Default of course I am here for....advice

and knowledge!

back ground:

home in spring hill, just found out we are moving in less then 3 months. home is under investigation for a sinkhole.

we are waiting for the testers to arrive on the 28th of august then again for the actual drilling on the 13th of september. This company is backed up and was choosen by teh insurance company.

Can I choose the testing company or do I have to wait for that company because the insurance company chose them?

We have realitivly little damage but enough we became worried. Then of course 2 weeks after we called the insurance company we get a call and my husband was offered a job out of state and can't pass it up!

We knew IF we had a sink hole we would move somewhere. But now under these circumstances things have gotten interesting! He will be leaving september 10th and I will be staying until October. Maybe later depending on the issue with the sink hole!

I tried to get the testing company to come out sooner, they are just that far behind. How long can I expect this process to take. There of course could be a big chance that I do not have a sink hole, in which case we need to get the house on the market asap!!!

So what are my options, time frame, etc.

thank you!

xxoo
Old 08-21-2006
Administrator

It looks like you will not have an answer for at least 60 days. Once the engineer makes the determination then you can look for a response from the insurance carrier. I wish I had better news but these things take time.

Michael Mosher
Champion Foundation Repair
Phone: 813-242-6454
Fax: 813-242-6614
Old 08-22-2006

Thank you for your reply.

We have more damage, and things seem to be moving quickly as far as teh possible sink hole. On the insurance side things are moving at a snails pace.

But they are being helpful and patient with me as I call worried about every new crack!

Again, Thank you!