Go Back   Sinkhole Forums > Sinkhole Org User Forums > Insurance Questions

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2006
ev565 ev565 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1
Unhappy Can't Find Property Insurance

I live in a townhouse community where a 1 building has a huge sinkhole underneath it. The other buildings have been tested, but we still haven't heard of the results. The current property insurance co is dropping the insurance and the Board says they cannot find another insurance company who will insure us.

I was told our mortgage companies will start calling in the loans if there is no property insurance available.

Does anyone have any advice or wisdom for me? I don't want to lose everything because of this .

Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006
admin's Avatar
admin admin is offline
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 274

The mortgage companies will not be calling the loans due, they will just go to a surplus lines carrier and obtain what is called "forced-placed" insurance. This is not really a good policy but it will suffice until the final work has been done on the property. Email me with any questions.
Email: sinkholeorg@hotmail.com
Web: http://www.sinkhole.org

Michael Mosher
Champion Foundation Repair
Phone: 813-242-6454
Fax: 813-242-6614
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Designed by: vBSkinworks