Go Back   Sinkhole Forums > Sinkhole Org User Forums > Insurance Questions

Old 05-13-2008

Exclamation Insurance company not investigating

My home has been determined to have a sinkhole and the insurance company is excersizing their right to repair. We recently had a structural engineer out here because we have very bad plumbing problems. We cannot use or washing machine because the water comes up in our showers. We hired a plumber to come out and they ran a camera into our drain lines and found that we have "bows" in our drain pipes and that they are seperating where the 2" joint meets the 3" joint. The engineer has written a report stating that the back flow into the showers are caused by a clogged line. They did nothing except look in the shower to see the dirt and stones that have come up. Is this for real??? An inurance structural engineer can just say "no problems" without even investigating........and yet we have the VCR tape showing all of the problems with the drains under the house........I am soooo disgusted that I can't see straight. They claim that not of the plumbing is from "sinkhole" without ever checking! What do you do???? Some one help please! The drain pipes are the least of my problems.....